Associate in Applied Science
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program is most suitable for students with some college experience who are clear about their interests in the field of design and prepared for rapid immersion in a professional course of study. The typical student has a bachelor's or an advanced degree and work experience in a field other than design. Admission to the program is based on the prospective student’s maturity, desire to pursue further education, previous accomplishments, and potential for growth. Applicants must have graduated from high school at least two years prior to be eligible to apply.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online.
Submitting THE Online Application
Online submission is the preferred application method. The online
application allows you to save and retrieve your application
information. You can gather items to fulfill the application
requirements and then submit the final application at your convenience.
Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Log on to create an application account.
and fill in the online application and upload the required materials for
your program. Please be sure that each page contains a title, page
number, and your name.
- Upload documents in PDF or MS Word format, proofread your application, and print a copy for your records.
- Complete the process by signing electronically, paying the $50 application fee, and submitting the application.
- Students may apply to only ONE department or program within The New School each semester. Applicants who file more than one application will be required to withdraw all but one of their applications, and application fees will not be refunded.
- Interviews are informal meetings with an admission representative and are not required.
- Visit the Admission Calendar for a schedule of admission events.
- View the AAS Catalog (PDF).