• Readmission

      • Contact Us

        General Admission Contact
        The New School for Social Research
        Office of Admission
        79 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor
        New York, NY 10003
        212.229.5600 or 800.523.5411


        Contact Admission Liaisons

        Related Links

    • Previously matriculated students who fail to register for four semesters or more must apply for readmission if they wish to enroll again. Please contact the Office of Admission for application instructions. If readmitted, students must pay tuition or a maintenance of status fees for the current semester. They must also pay university and school fees for the current semester. Readmitted students are not exempt from time-limit requirements (five years for the MA, ten years for the PhD, and 12 years for the PhD in clinical psychology).

      Readmission applicants should complete the readmission application and submit the following material along with the application:

      • References: Only one reference is required. The person writing the recommendation should be a faculty member in your NSSR degree program or someone else qualified to comment on the merits of your academic work and your qualifications for reentering an NSSR degree program..
      • Statement of Objectives: Applicants for readmission should follow the instructions above, and include a statement about why you left the school and your decision to reapply.
      • Transcripts: If you have attended another college university since your last attended The New School, please arrange to have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admission at 79 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10003. Please be sure the transcript is addressed to The New School for Social Research. It is not necessary to request a release of your New School transcript.

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.