• To find part-time, full-time, seasonal, temporary, freelance, or contract-based employment including internships, use our online jobs board, the Village—Careers, with your New School ID and password. Note: To gain the greatest possible return on the listings, search only active jobs and leave all other search criteria blank.

    Also use the domestic and global job board GoinGlobal, which is offered for all students. If you are a PhD student, Versatile PhD, an academic and nonacademic job board and network platform, may be particularly helpful. Both resources are free, and you can access them through your MyNewSchool portal under the Services tab. Don't forget to check out the LinkedIn job board for additional opportunities in various industries. Check out the new LinkedIn Students app available for iOS and Android in the United States.

    On-Campus Student Employment (OCSE)

    All degree and professional certificate students taking at least 6 credits can apply for OCSE jobs (except international students with F-1 or J-1 visa status, who must be enrolled full-time to qualify). These are paid part-time jobs in offices around the university. You must apply directly to the supervisor for the position in which you are interested. Listings of available openings and contact information are found online at the New School Job Site.

    Graduate students seeking academic positions such as teaching assistantships should apply through their academic department.

    Federal Work-Study

    If you have been granted federal work-study as part of your financial aid package, you can apply for a work-study job on or off campus. Information about federal work-study is found on the Student Financial Services website.

  • Contact Us

    Undergraduate Career Services
    68 Fifth Avenue, 2nd floor
    New York, NY 10011
    Phone: 212.229.1324

    Center for Graduate Career and Professional Development
    72 Fifth Avenue, 5th floor
    New York, NY 10011
    Phone: 212.229.5400 x1518

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.