• Living at The New School

  • Housing at The New School is more than just four walls and a roof. Living on campus provides opportunities to form bonds, ease the transition from home to college, and make new friends for life. Our Residential Education staff is available to support you as you live side by side with students in different colleges and from different backgrounds and make connections, meet collaborators, and learn more about yourself while living on your own for the first time.

    Our mission is to create an environment that fosters a safe, inclusive, and just community in which students engage through meaningful residential learning experiences. Our goals fall in three areas:

    • Safety and responsibility
    • Community and connections
    • Personal development and accountability

    If you'd like additional information or if we can support you in any way, please email us at universityhousing@newschool.edu or give us a call at 212.229.5459.

    “Living on campus has been a dream. I’m on Fifth Avenue, like two seconds away from everything, which is really nice."

    — Bailey Baerwolf, BS Urban Design, Parsons School of Design

    Summer Housing

    We offer a safe and convenient home base in Manhattan for anyone taking classes, working, or completing an internship in New York City during the summer. Rooms are available near Union Square and in Chelsea.

    Off-Campus Housing

    Many students choose to take advantage of living in New York City through off-campus housing. Housing and Residential Education maintains a list of apartments for lease, sublet, or share.


    We pride ourselves on offering chef-driven, diverse, and healthful food. Students have access to farm-to-table meals that promote health, community, and the planet. Learn more about available meal plans for eating on and off campus.

  • What New Schooler are You?

    What New Schooler are You
    Which New Schooler are you most like?


  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.