As a Parsons student learning to be a designer, you will face challenges both inside and outside of the classroom. The advising staff acknowledges the diversity of the student population and approaches issues holistically, recognizing that a variety of factors influence academic performance. The overarching objectives of advising are to provide accurate, timely information and create a supportive environment to help you make academic decisions such as choosing a major, creating an plan of study, whether and where to study abroad, or taking a leave of absence.
Advisors have extensive knowledge of campus resources and will show you how to navigate university systems and procedures. They also act as liaisons between you and University Student Services staff and will acquaint you with procedures for communicating with faculty and other academic leadership when policy questions such as academic integrity, grade appeals, and academic standing arise.
You are assigned to an advisor based on your program and year of study. To learn more about advising within your school and how to connect with your advisor, go to your School’s site:
- School of Art and Design History and Theory: Design Studies (MA), Fashion Studies (MA), History of Decorative Arts and Design (MA)
- School of Art, Media, and Technology: Communication Design (BFA), Design and Technology (BFA, MFA), Fine Arts (BFA, MFA), Graphic Design (AAS), Illustration (BFA), Photography (BFA, MFA)
- School of Constructed Environments: Architectural Design (BFA), Architecture (M.Arch), Interior Design (AAS, BFA, MFA), Lighting Design (MFA), Product Design (BFA)
- School of Design Strategies: Design and Management (BBA), Design and Urban Ecologies (MS), Environmental Studies (BA/BS), Foundation, Integrated Design (BFA), Strategic Design and Management (MS), Theories of Urban Practice (MA), Transdisciplinary Design (MFA)
- School of Fashion: Fashion Design (AAS, BFA), Fashion Design and Society (MFA), Fashion Marketing (AAS)