Recent Updates: The New School has plans to re-open its New York City campus for in-person teaching and learning in fall 2021. Please check the Parsons Paris website for information about our Paris campus. Learn more.

  • If this is your first time living in a residence hall, welcome! You will find this page especially helpful as you plan to move in. It includes information about dining on campus, what to bring (and not to bring), transportation in and around the city, parking maps, and more.

    Dining on Campus

    Because fall 2020 classes will be held online, there will be no meal plans or on-campus dining for the semester. Please check the Meal Plans page as the fall semester progresses for updates on the spring 2021 dining programs.  

    Moving In

    The dates and procedures for check-in and check-out are important. For spring 2021, details of the move-in process will be sent to assigned students in mid-December. All students will select a move-in date and time in an effort to limit crowds during the move-in process. Students traveling from a "hotspot" state, as defined by the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory, will be able to quarantine on campus starting January 5. All other students will be able to move in starting January 13. Additionally, students must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test dated no more than seven days before their scheduled move-in date and time.

    If you will be living in university housing, you must submit proof of immunity to meningitis ACWY, measles, mumps, and rubella before you will be permitted to move in. Residential students are not eligible to decline these requirements unless they have a valid medical or religious exemption on file.

    Please note: The MTA and the Department of Transportation have announced that private cars will be banned along 14th Street from Third to Ninth Avenues from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. seven days a week. Drivers will have to turn right from the street at the first opportunity. No left turns will be permitted. Curbside parking spots have been replaced by loading zones. Drivers who ignore the new restrictions could be issued tickets with fines starting at $50. (Trucks and emergency vehicles will still be allowed.)

    Please take this closure into account on move-in days! You may have to reroute your GPS to avoid 14th Street. You can find more information on the CBS Local site.

  • Moving Out

    Whether you are leaving in the middle of a semester or at the conclusion of your housing agreement, you should plan to properly check out of your residence hall. Please contact your residence hall director for check-out information. 

    Fall 2020 Move-Out Dates

    Move-out dates for fall 2020 will vary depending on which housing agreement you chose. 


    Partial Semester: November 25

    Full Semester: December 22

    You will receive an email later in the semester with specific move-out instructions.

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.