• Once a student receives a letter from Student Disability Services granting extended time and/or a separate, quiet testing space, it is up to the student to arrange for the implementation of these accommodations. In order to do so, discuss with your instructor how to best implement the accommodations.

    Many times, the instructor and student are able to work together to arrange for the extra time and SDS will not be directly involved. If your instructor is unable to arrange for extra time and/or a quiet space, contact SDS to reserve the use of the Testing Room (80 5th Avenue, room 324). Please provide all the following information:

    • Your name
    • Course code and title, instructor's name and you and your instructor's contact information.
    • Exam date and time
    • Any special considerations, such as a need for computer access
    • How the instructor will provide the exam to SDS and much time the class is permitted for the exam
    • Any special instructions for the exam (e.g., open book, calculator permitted, etc).

    Please make sure to arrive for your exam at the prescribed date and time. SDS cannot authorize exams for alternate dates or provide make-up exams without express permission from the instructor.

    For a midterm or final exam, SDS prefers a minimum of two weeks' notice in order arrange accommodations. For a general exam, SDS requires at least one week's notice.

    Students utilizing the Testing Room for exams are subject to the same academic integrity policy as students taking the exam in the classroom.

  • Contact Us

    Student Disability Services

    Nicholas Faranda
    63 Fifth Avenue, room 425
    New York, NY 10003

  • Related Links

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.