Recent Updates: We're excited to begin the new academic year. More information about our health safety policies can be found on our COVID-19 Community Guide.

  • In keeping with The New School's policy of providing equal access to individuals with disabilities, instructors are strongly encouraged to include a statement on their syllabus informing students that academic accommodations can be provided on the basis of disability if the student follows the protocol described. The following statement contains all of the elements that should be present. Instructors may want to make changes based on style preference or particular course content. Instructors who need consultation in further developing this statement can contact the director for Disability Services. It is strongly recommended that you also read this statement to the students at the start of each semester when reviewing course policies. Early intervention can make all the difference in helping students achieve academic success. It also shows that the instructor has made a good-faith effort to inform students of their rights and responsibilities in this area and that this effort was made in a timely manner.

    Suggested Statement

    Students Disability Services (SDS) assists students with permanent or temporary disabilities in need of academic and programmatic accommodations as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

    In keeping with the university's policy of providing equal access for students with disabilities, any student with a disability who needs academic accommodations must contact SDS. There are several ways for students to contact the office: via email at [email protected], through the Starfish service catalog, or by calling the office at 212.229.5626. A self-ID form can be also be completed on the SDS webpage at Once you contact the office, SDS staff will arrange an intake appointment to discuss your concerns and, if appropriate, provide you with accommodation notices to give to me. Please note that faculty will not work unilaterally with students to provide accommodations. If you inform me of a disability but do not provide any official notification, I must refer you to SDS.

  • Contact Us

    Student Disability Services
    63 Fifth Avenue, room 425
    New York, NY 10003
    [email protected]
    Fax: 646.993.6677

    Nicholas Faranda, Director
    [email protected]

    Nicole Wasson, Assistant Director
    [email protected]

  • Related Links

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.