Recent Updates: Parsons Paris is currently open under normal operating conditions. Learn More

  • Transfer Students

  • Paris Transfer Students in Paris
  • Parsons Paris welcomes transfer students with diverse backgrounds in the fall semester only. We invite students with any previous college or university experience to submit an application. Please read the helpful information below and visit the How To Apply page for complete instructions.

    Applying as a Transfer Student

    Transfer students are students who have graduated from high school or earned a high school equivalent and are in the process of completing, or have completed, college or university coursework after high school graduation. If you are unsure whether to apply as a first-year applicant or a transfer applicant, please email [email protected].

    All applicants must list each college or university attended, both during and after high school, on the Common Application. Applicants must submit official transcripts from each college or university attended. We require transfer applicants to submit high school transcripts with proof of graduation in addition to their college transcripts.

    Students who have attended an international university are required to submit original official transcripts as well as a course-by-course evaluation (and translation, if applicable) from World Education Services (or another official evaluation service). Please visit the How To Apply page for specific submission requirements.

  • Placement

  • Awarding of Transfer Credits

    Transfer credit is awarded for completed coursework. Students are eligible to transfer up to 60 credits toward their degree at Parsons.

    To receive credit, students must complete courses similar to courses offered at The New School with a grade of C or better (C- does not transfer); pass/fail courses and those that are not graded will be considered for credit if accompanied by proof of a C (not C-) grade or better. Credits received for vocational or pre-professional courses (such as nursing, home economics, and health education) are not transferable. Only coursework completed within the last ten years can be considered for transfer credit.

    Students who are offered admission will receive an estimated number of transfer credits in their official decision letter. In-progress coursework will not be included in this estimate. Admitted students will receive a course-by-course Preliminary Transfer Credit Evaluation (PTCE) via email from the Registrar's Office within three business days of receiving their offer of admission. We invite you to learn more about how transfer credits are evaluated by contacting the Registrar's Office or referring to the full Transfer Credit Policy.
    Transfer students who wish to study abroad during their time at Parsons Paris should consult with their advisor to determine whether courses taken while studying abroad will be applied to time in residence.

    International Academic Credentials With Transfer Credits

    Applicants who attended post-secondary institutions outside of the United States are required to have their transcript(s) evaluated by World Education Services (WES), our preferred provider, or by another member of the National Association of Credit Evaluation Services (NACES). A course-by-course evaluation must be prepared for each transcript. In the absence of an evaluation, the Admissions Committee will do its best to render a decision. Please note: In some cases, a review cannot be made without an evaluation, and a committee decision will be delayed. The NACES service will review your prior coursework and provide Parsons Paris with an equivalency statement that we can use to determine applicability. Transfer credit will not be awarded for courses completed at a foreign college or university without a WES assessment. Note: NACES evaluation can take some time, so it is important that you initiate this process as early as possible. A final transfer credit evaluation is needed in order for Parsons Paris advising staff to properly guide you. See "Transfer Credit Basics" above for more information about the transfer credit process.

    Students who completed the French Baccalaureate, German Abitur, International Baccalaureate A-Level Exams, or another equivalent European university qualifying examination may be able to receive transfer credit toward their degree program for the examination. Please see the guidelines in the International FAQ below.

  • General FAQ

  • International FAQ

  • Social

    • Parsons Paris
    • New School
  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.