Parsons Paris offers minors that enable you to further your study of art and design. These highly creative and enriching series of courses give you endless ways to broaden your skills, interests, and career options. Parsons Paris students who have declared
their majors are eligible to pursue a minor. Students are encouraged to complete two courses required by the minor and consult with their academic advisors before declaring a minor.
Parsons Paris offers minors in the areas of study listed below. Visit the page for each minor to view the description, eligibility requirements, and course options.
As a Parsons Paris student, you may be able to pursue minors offered in other colleges of The New School if you plan to spend a year studying at the New York City campus. Please consult with your advisor to explore this possibility. Visit the University Minors page for more information about minors that are currently available through other colleges of The New School.
Minors are available to all undergraduate students at The New School, though some minors are closed to students in certain majors. Students may declare minors outside of their own colleges.
- Students must first declare a major before declaring a minor.
- Students can declare up to two minors.
- Students are encouraged to complete two courses in the minor before formally declaring.
- Students must earn the required minimum grades to apply courses toward a minor. Grade requirements and other policies are set by the college in which the minor is housed.
- Students can retroactively apply successfully completed courses toward a minor up until the time their degree is conferred.
- Transfer credits may be used to satisfy some minor requirements. But students must successfully complete a minimum of 14 credits of coursework in the minor at The New School. These credits must be distinct and may not also be applied to other program
requirements, including the major, a second minor, and ULEC requirements. Exceptions may be made for foreign languages. All decisions regarding the transfer of credit are made by the department or college sponsoring the minor.
- Students are not permitted to take majors and minors that are too similar. Please see the above list of preclusions for details.
How to Declare, Change or Apply to a Minor
Current students can declare or change a minor by logging in to my.newschool.edu, clicking on the Academics tab, and then clicking on the link to Major/Minor Declarations.
An application is required for admission to the Creative Entrepreneurship minor due to constraints on facilities or the need for a specific level of skill in a particular field. Additional minors offered at other colleges of The New School require an
application as well.