Information On The Coronavirus: We continue to monitor and respond to the public health situation regarding COVID-19. Most buildings on our New York campus have closed until further notice. Check the Parsons Paris website for information about our Paris campus. Learn more

  • International Student and Scholar Services
  • ISSS has suspended in-person services and will now operate remotely. We will take phone calls through our regular Front Desk phone line, maintain services through virtual advising with Starfish appointments, and complete processing requests through iGlobal.

    For the fall 2020 semester, faculty and administrators are making plans for all classes to be delivered online. We are awaiting guidance from the U.S. government regarding how COVID-19 restrictions will affect international students for the fall semester.

    We will contact students, update our website, and offer live advising sessions with information about immigration regulations and the new academic year when more information is available.

    To learn more, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Current Students or FAQ for New Students and follow us on Instagram (@ISSSNewSchool) for ongoing updates.

    ISSS Operations

    Remote office hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

    • The main phone, 212.229.5592, line is operational.
    • For virtual advising by phone or Zoom, make an appointment through Starfish.
    • All processing requests can be made through iGlobal.
    • All workshops and/or Live Advising Sessions will be held online through Zoom.
    • If you sign up to attend a workshop through NarwhalNation, you will receive an email with a link to the Zoom meeting before the workshop.

    Presidential Executive Orders & Travel Restrictions

    On June 22, 2020, Presidential Trump issued a presidential proclamation suspending entry into the United States of certain non-immigrant workers. This proclamation will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on June 24, 2020, and continue to December 31, 2020.

    The proclamation does not apply to F-1 students, J-1 students, J-1 scholars, J-1 students on Academic Training, or F-1 students on OPT or OPT STEM extensions.

    F-1 and J-1 students and their dependents will still be permitted entry to the United States with appropriate travel documents.

    The categories stated in the proclamation are H-1B, H-2B, L, and J-1 (intern, trainee, teacher, camp counselor, au pair, or summer work travel program) along with dependents.

    ISSS is also closely monitoring recent news that President Trump is planning to issue an executive order concerning Optional Practical Training (OPT). We will contact students directly through email, update our website and FAQs, and host live advising sessions for students when the government releases more information.

    We are working with other universities and professional associations to urge our representatives to take into consideration the far-reaching impact COVID-19 has on our students (e.g., OPT, employment, maintaining status, the potential of overstaying, etc.) and we continue to advocate on our students' behalf.

    The information on this website is of a general nature and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual. International students and scholars should always consult an ISSS advisor about their specific situation. It is students' and scholars' responsibility to maintain legal status in the United States at all times and to fully comply with New School policies and procedures.

    Website content is written with care but may not be comprehensive or up-to-date. ISSS at The New School is not responsible for content found through external links.

  • Contact Us and Office Hours

    International Student and Scholar Services
    72 Fifth Avenue, 3rd floor
    New York, NY 10011

    Emergency Phone After-Hours Only

    Remote Office Hours
    Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.