• Get Help

  • We are proud of the courage you have displayed in taking steps to care for yourself or serving as a support person at a difficult time. Below are options to help.

    On-Campus Resources for Students

    Student Support and Advocacy
    [email protected]

    Counseling and Health Services (confidential)
    [email protected]
    Appointments can be scheduled online through the Student Health Services portal.

    Resources for Staff and Faculty

    Aetna Resource for Living (confidential)
    Employee Assistance Program
    (Enter the username "newschool" and the password "eap.")

    The New School
    Human Resources website

    Faculty and Staff Ombuds (confidential)
    Ann-Louise Shapiro
    Email [email protected] or [email protected].

    Medical Care & Evidence Collection

    Anyone who believes they have been a victim of sexual misconduct, relationship violence, or any other form of violence is strongly encouraged to seek medical attention as soon as possible. In case of sexual assault, be sure to preserve all possible evidence and be aware that some medical options are time sensitive.

    Please note that going to the hospital does not require an individual to make a report to the police. It is the individual’s decision to report to the police. To learn more about the evidence collection procedure, please visit https://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/safe/docs/evidence_collection_kit_guidelines.pdf.

    The following nearby hospitals and treatment centers provide advocates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to assist victims of sexual assault:

    Bellevue Hospital Center—Sexual Assault Response Team
    462 First Avenue, CD building, room CD 408

    Beth Israel Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence Intervention Program
    Beth Israel offers a variety of services to survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence, including medical care, counseling, and information and referral, as well as information, training, and advocacy.

    Department of Social Work
    317 East 17th Street

    Crime Victims Treatment Center (CVTC)
    CVTC is the largest and most comprehensive hospital-based victim assistance program in New York.

    • Mount Sinai West
      1000 Tenth Avenue
      New York, NY 10019

    • Mount Sinai St. Luke's
      1111 Amsterdam Avenue
      New York, NY 10025

    • Lenox Health Greenwich Village
      32 Seventh Avenue
      New York, NY 10011

    Off-Campus Resources

    New York State Domestic Violence Hotline
    800.942.6906 (available 24/7)

    New York City Gay and Lesbian Anti-Violence Project
    212.714.1141 (available 24/7)

    Safe Horizon
    Crime Victims' Hotline - 866.689.4357
    Domestic Violence Hotline - 800.621.4673
    Sexual Assault Hotline - 212.227.3000

    St. Luke’s Roosevelt Crime Victims Treatment Center

    • Midtown Office
      432 West 58th Street, ground floor
      New York, NY 10019

    • Uptown Office
      411 West 114 Street, Suite 2C
      New York, NY 10025

    Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
    RAINN is a national anti–sexual assault support and advocacy organization. The website includes resources and information on sexual violence, abuse, and assault.

    New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault
    The alliance website serves as a source for locating hospitals, treatment, prevention, and police intervention. It also contains emergency response information for victims of rape and sexual assault.

  • Contact Us

    Title IX Coordinators
    Rhonnie Jaus, Vice President for Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Compliance & Title IX Coordinator
    80 Fifth Avenue, 8th floor
    New York, NY 10011
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

    Cassita Charles-Bowie, Student Title IX Investigator
    72 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10011
    [email protected]

    Emergency Contacts
    Student Health and Counseling Services (Confidential)

    Student Support and Advocacy
    212.229.5900 x3656

    Campus Safety

    Title IX Investigator for Students

    Human Resources

    Employee Assistance Program (Confidential)

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.