• Financing Summer and Winter Programs

    Summer is a “trailer” semester, in which the following conditions apply:

    • Financial aid is limited.
    • TAP is generally not available in summer.
    • Student loans and Pell Grants are typically used completely during the fall and spring semesters.
    • Private scholarships and loans may be eligible.
    • PLUS loans may be available, depending on your cost of attendance and credit eligibility.
    • Institutional aid, if applicable, may be available if student meets enrollment eligibility for program or credits.

    Winter session short-term programs are typically registered as spring semester courses if they are internal programs. In winter sessions, financial aid is disbursed on or after the first day of spring classes at The New School.