• Enrollment Certification

    Student Veteran Services is here to help you access your VA benefits. The three mostly commonly used VA educational benefits are:

    To use your benefits, you must go through the VA certification process. A student's VA certification is completed once he or she has registered for classes. Students must request VA certification each semester through the online form. Students using VR&E or Post-9/11 G Bill should also request a tuition deferral with Student Accounts. Certification is a two-step process that helps to decrease the amount of debt to the institution and the VA:

    1. After registering for classes, the student submits certification to start payment of Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and book stipend.
    2. After the drop date has passed, the Student Veteran Services office will report tuition and fees (including any Yellow Ribbon Scholarship)

    Students who drop or add courses throughout the semester should contact the coordinator of Student Veteran Services as soon as possible to avoid overpayment.

    New Student Certification

    Like continuing students, new students should first meet with their academic advisor and then contact the coordinator of Student Veteran Services for the next steps.

    Using eBenefits

    eBenefits is a joint VA and DoD Web portal that provides self-service resources for student veterans. Through eBenefits, you can also access your up-to-date Enrollment Entitlement to track the time you have left for your GI Bill benefits. All students using Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits are encouraged to set up an account.

    Yellow Ribbon Scholarships

    Each year, The New School awards Yellow Ribbon Scholarships to qualifying students. The scholarship is a match-to-match payment provided by The New School and the VA that covers the tuition and fees not covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Applications are available during the spring semester for the following academic year and are reviewed on a first come, first served basis, along with other qualifications. Students will be notified of their status before the end of the semester.

    To qualify for Yellow Ribbon, students must:

    • Have 100 percent eligibility from the Post-9/11 GI Bill
    • Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program
    • Have one year of study remaining
    • Have at least one semester of benefits remaining
    • Submit an updated Enrollment Entitlement outlining remaining benefits
    • Full-time status is preferred

    More Options

    For additional financial options, visit Student Financial Services or email vahelp@newschool.edu.

  • Contact Us

    Brian Martineau
    72 Fifth Avenue, room 429
    New York, NY 10011

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.