What are the study abroad options for Parsons students? [+]
Parsons offers three main ways to study abroad:
- Parsons Paris on Mobility: Students can study at Parsons Paris for up to one year, depending on their major. Studying at Parsons Paris offers students the flexibility of taking New School courses abroad while learning in the Parisian context and having the opportunity to live in Paris.
- Exchange Programs: Parsons partners with some of the best art and design institutions around the world to give our students the opportunity to study in different cultural contexts.
- Direct Application Programs: Other opportunities for studying abroad exist through programs that are vetted by our program directors. Although not affiliated with Parsons, these programs offer additional ways for Parsons students to study abroad.
When CAn I study abroad During the School Year? [+]
The majority of students at Parsons study abroad for one semester of their junior year, but this is not the case for all majors. Please consult the study abroad policy for your major to see what options you have in timing your study abroad experience.
Depending on your major and where you would like to study, you can study abroad from one semester to one academic year.
We recommend speaking with your academic advisor to explore options and find the best one for you.
What if I want to study abroad over the summer? [+]
Students who plan to study abroad during summer break do not need to apply through Global Initiatives. These students should speak to their academic advisor and fill out a Taking Courses Elsewhere form.
Where can I study abroad? [+]
Each major at Parsons has different study abroad options. Pre-approved programs for all majors can be found on the Policies and Procedures page.
How and when do I apply to study abroad? [+]
Parsons Global Initiatives offers events throughout the year that can help you start planning your experience abroad; it is never too early to start planning. Students are encouraged to attend information events up to two years in advance.
To begin thinking about studying abroad, students should understand what type of programs Parsons offers and which of these programs are appropriate for their major. Most of this information can be found on this website. However, if you would like to book a one-on-one study abroad appointment, you can do this via the Student Success Network.
Applications are reviewed for study abroad twice a year:
- Deadline for Spring 2016 Direct/Exchange and Spring 2015 Parsons Paris:
Friday, October 2, 2015
- Deadline for Fall 2016 Direct/Exchange and Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Parsons Paris:
Friday, March 4, 2016
Whom can I contact about the study abroad process? [+]
Parsons Global Initiatives will help direct any questions you have to the various offices, institutions, and individuals you will come across in the application process. If you have general questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Global Initiatives
66 Fifth Avenue, room 604
New York, NY 10011
T: 212.229.8950 F: 212.243.1420
Jill Corson, Director for Global Advising
Contact Jill for questions or concerns related to studying abroad and your academic progress.
Evan Iacoboni, Coordinator for Global Initiatives
Contact Evan for questions or concerns regarding study abroad logistics, including application procedures and registration.
Meredith Mullane, Associate Dean for Global Initiatives
Contact Meredith for questions about Parsons’ global partnerships and future international development.