Student Success Network/Starfish
The Student Success Network (brand name Starfish CONNECT™) enhances communication between students and their instructors, advisors, and support services. Our goal is to improve student support and services by having more integrated and efficient ways to track academic progress, flag concerns, and connect students with services they may need.
Here are some things you can do with it:
- Access the Student Success Network directly from Canvas
- Post your appointment times, including preferences regarding appointment lengths, drop-in hours, etc. This will make it easier for your students to consult with you. You can also record meeting notes, milestones, and progress reports for individual students.
- See profiles and photos for the students you teach.
- Record attendance and have a flag automatically raised if a student's attendance becomes a matter of concern.
- Connect and coordinate with academic advisors and university support services and efficiently refer individual students for advising, tutoring, health or counseling services, etc., and track their follow-up.
- Flag individual students for issues other than attendance that may require attention.
- Complete mid-semester evaluations digitally.
The usefulness of this tool depends to a large extent on the faculty members, advisors, and students who use it. Log in through the button to the right. Getting up to speed requires a minimal investment of time and will save you time in the long run. We would like to know your opinions about this tool. Please email your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.