CMHSAC Application

There are no separate eligibility requirements for admission to the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Counseling concentration. Any student admitted to the general MA program in psychology is eligible for the CMHSAC, but students must apply separately for the concentration, which is can be done only after a student has been admitted to and registered for courses in the master of arts program.

Application to the CMHSAC requires submission of the CMHSAC enrollment form to one of the Department of Psychology student advisors. The enrollment form must be signed by the CMHSAC director. Blank enrollment forms can be obtained from the advisors or from the CMHSAC student coordinator.

Students are encouraged to enroll in the program by the start of the their second semester in the general MA program, although there is no formal deadline for enrolling. Students may take any number of required courses before submitting a formal application, but they will not be permitted to apply for fieldwork placement and cannot register for the required Ethics course until they have formally enrolled in the concentration.

Qualified undergraduate students in Eugene Lang College The New School for LIberal Arts (seniors only) may register for the Introduction and Advanced Substance Abuse courses in the CMHSAC curriculum subject to the normal restrictions.

Connect with the New School