• Health and Safety
  • Student safety is of the utmost importance, and The New School has health and safety measures in place and monitors developments in the countries where our students are abroad.

    All New School students who study abroad are enrolled in On Call. Students can contact On Call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for assistance with emergency situations. On Call can provide services including health, safety, and security advice; connect students to credentialed medical providers; arrange for medical supplies or equipment; arrange for transportation if local care is inadequate or safety is at risk; and provide legal assistance or travel advice regarding the loss of travel documents. Students can call (collect) 1.603.952.2072, email mail@oncallinternational.com, or text 1.603.945.0103  to reach On Call. This information is provided to students in their pre-departure information.

    We encourage students to familiarize themselves with and monitor the political, economic, and social climate of their host country before departure and during study abroad. One way to do so is through the Department of State's Country Information website or their Students Abroad website.

    The New School takes student safety and health seriously, and follows procedures in emergency situations to protect and assist students. However, we encourage students to take responsibility for their well-being by being aware of the risks and considerations of studying abroad in their host country, obeying local laws, being familiar with the On Call emergency assistance information, and following the advice and guidance of local staff at their host university and in their housing.

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our Bachelor's programs (Except the Bachelor's Program for Adult Transfer Students) complete and submit the Common App online.

Graduates and Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Master's, Doctural, Professional Studies Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Associate's programs, or to apply to the Bachelor's Program for Adult and Transfer Students, complete and submit the New School Online Application.