The New School continues to build its financial resilience in accordance with a strong vision that draws on our core values and strengths. Our vision is supported by an ambitious strategic plan that aligns initiatives in five critical domains: academic programs and quality, student success, global education, external profile, and infrastructure. I am very proud of the strides we are making in all of these areas.
- We are strengthening academic programs and quality by leveraging design and social research, developing new programs, supporting interdisciplinary project research, and continually reviewing and improving our programs to ensure their rigor and relevance.
- We have launched a new integrated Center for Student Success that weaves together important services and resources in student advising and career opportunities.
- Our commitment to global education is marked in an exciting way by our new campus in Parsons Paris and expanding program opportunities with partners in Mumbai and Shanghai.
- We have launched a major multi-year external profile initiative to ensure that we are effectively reaching prospective students around the globe.
- We are improving our infrastructure in many ways to reflect our focus on innovation. By far the most prominent example is our new University Center—the beating heart of our urban campus, a model of sustainable architecture, and a space specifically designed for convergence and collaboration.
All of these advances are being recognized and made possible by the trustees, foundations, corporations, and friends who have stepped up to support The New School. Together we are working to ensure that New School alumni and students will be increasingly proud of their university and that future generations can come to The New School to unlock their creative potential and develop their capacity to courageously lead change.
David E. Van Zandt
The New School