Part Time FacultyProfile:
K.J. Holmes is a dance artist, actor, singer and teacher who has been exploring improvisation as process and performance since 1981. Her practice of Contact Improvisation has been a valuable tool towards both toward tuning the body and finding sources for movement invention and dance work. Her current performance practice is based in the work of Body-Mind Centering (t), which looks at patterns of development and evolution of humans, and the acting work of Sanford Meisner, which excavates truth of experience as a basis for creative expression.Courses Taught:
- Contact Improvisation Practices
- Published in Contact Quarterly Magazine
- Most Recent Dance: This is where we are (or take arms against a sea of troubles), performed March 2011 at The Chocolate Factory Theater, LIC, NY.
- Co-Curator of Movement Research Fall Festival, 2011
- I am interested in how we can better know ourselves through better knowing the dynamics of our bodies.
- Movement Research, faculty member and performer since 1986
- New York University/Experimental Theatre Wing, adjunct professor since 2001