Career Development Workshops
Eugene Lang College and the internship program support career readiness and professional development and believe that gaining professional experience can help you succeed.
If you are interested in participating in the internship program, you are encouraged to attend career success workshops and individual counseling meetings to discuss your career development needs.
These activities give you the skills to pursue internship and career opportunities and help you develop a career plan of action for your career.
Workshops are held each semester through the Center of Student Success - Careers. Developing your career is a long-term process, and the office is here to support you.
For a schedule of workshops and upcoming events, and to make an appointment with a counselor, go online to Career Successlink.
Center of Student Success - Careers
At this point in your education, career planning should be an integral part of your academic life. Lang’s Internship program and the Center of Student Success - Careers are ready to assist you in career planning by providing a range of resources and services to help you find the perfect internship or full-time position. By participating in panels, networking events, career/internship fairs, career seminars, information sessions, on-campus recruiting, and individual counseling sessions, you'll discover links between classroom learning and career prospects.
The New School Center of Student Success - Careers emphasizes a well-rounded approach to career planning, helping you render and implement sound career decisions to ensure personal and professional growth. The services include:
- One-on-one career counseling (including assessments MBTI and Strong Interest)
- Résumé, curriculum vitae, portfolio, and cover letter review
- Practice/mock interview sessions
- Posting of internships, on- and off-campus jobs, local nonprofessional and temporarypositions, and full-time jobs
- Information about graduate school and effective job search strategies
- Workshops, panels, networking events, and career/internship fairs