Expand your horizons and develop a global perspective through study abroad. More and more students decide to spend a semester or academic year abroad registered in short-term courses, internship programs, and even volunteer projects overseas. At Lang, we offer international exchange programs in addition to approved options through outside providers, including the following:
- University of Amsterdam Exchange
- Sarah Lawrence College Exchange (Oxford/Paris/London/Florence/Catania)
- School for International Training (SIT)
- Lexia International
- And many more!
If you are short on time or funds, consider a short-term experience abroad. Several of these opportunities are available directly through Lang, though you may also search for programs offered by outside providers. The following are a sample of foreign programs led by Lang faculty during academic breaks:
- Democracy & Diversity Institute in Cape Town, South Africa - Winter
- History and Spanish Studies in Yucatán, Mexico - Winter
- Democracy & Diversity Institute in Wroclaw, Poland - Summer
- Fringe Theater Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland – Summer
- History, Culture, and Media in Bangalore, India – Summer
- Literature & Music in Verona, Italy – Summer
- And many, many more short-term programs available!
A successful study abroad experience requires considerable planning. For example, you must research potential destinations and programs, application and language requirements, financial aid opportunities, and credit transfer policies. Schedule an appointment with Kim Foote, study abroad advisor, early in the process. Visit the study abroad homepage for more information.