Expand your horizons and develop a global perspective through study abroad. Join the growing number of students earning academic credit while taking courses, working at internships, and pursuing volunteer projects abroad. Numerous study abroad options are available to you as a member of the Lang community. You can study abroad through one of our in-house exchange programs or through a pre-approved outside provider. Here are a few examples:
- University of Amsterdam exchange
- Sarah Lawrence College exchange (Paris/Oxford/London/Florence)
- School for International Training (SIT)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA)
- Lexia International
- And many more!
If you are short on time or funds, consider a short-term experience abroad. A number of these opportunities are available directly through Lang. All of the courses listed below are taught by Lang faculty and are offered during academic breaks.
- Germany: Lang course in Berlin - Summer
- India: History, Culture, & Media in Bangalore - Summer
- Mexico: History & Spanish in Yucatan - Winter
- Poland: Democracy & Diversity Institute in Krakow - Summer
- Scotland: Edinburgh Fringe Theater Festival - Summer
- South Africa: Democracy & Diversity Institute in Cape Town - Winter
- More to come!
A successful study abroad experience requires considerable planning. Schedule an appointment with Kim Foote, Sophomore Class Advisor and Study Abroad Advisor, early in the process. She will help you research potential destinations and programs, application and language requirements, and financial aid opportunities, and will also discuss the number of credits you can earn. Visit the study abroad homepage for more information.