Declaring Your Major/Minor

You should declare your academic area of study in the second semester of your sophomore year or prior to earning 60 credits. You must declare before the registration period for your junior year or risk a registration hold. As an exception, however, transfer students admitted with junior standing have a grace period of one semester to declare their area of study.

You may declare sooner if you feel certain of your decision. If you have earned fewer than 45 credits, you must fulfill all the requirements in effect at the time of your declaration. If you have earned 45 credits or more, you are allowed to fulfill either the requirements in effect at the time of declaration or the requirements in effect at the time you matriculated here. This only pertains to areas of study where the curriculum has changed during the time of your enrollment.

You can declare your area of study online. Additional information about the curricular requirements for each area of study can be found online or by contacting the sophomore class advisor.