We are committed to providing you with a technology environment and services that supports and enhances the teaching, learning, and administrative needs of the University community. We are guided by several dominant principles:
- Enabling teaching, learning and research
- Operational Excellence and enhanced client services
- Stable, secure and reliable core systems
- Investor in people – recruit and retain the best
We are your partner. We are here to enable you by providing technology, services, and support that align with the mission and priorities of the University. We seek to achieve measurable results and perform in an proactive, innovative, efficient, and supportive way.
Who We Are and What We Do
Office of the CIO
Senior VP & Chief Information Officer
IT leadership for strategic planning, policy and compliance, project and portfolio management, application performance, IT-related finance, contracts, technology facilities, and all operations related to IT services.
Services in support of teaching and learning, scholarship and research.
EduServices Departments and Service Offerings
- Card Services- Provides campus ID cards (NewCard) needed for access to campus facilities, NewCard Cash, and Dining Dollars.
- IT Central- A centralized, integrated IT service desk providing a single point of support for the entire university. Every request for IT assistance will be directed here to ensure consistent and timely service.
- Relationship Managers- Relationship managers are your direct IT contacts for questions, concerns, and comments that require more than standard support communication with IT Central.
- Events IT- Provides equipment and technical assistance to faculty and administrators presenting media in classrooms, conferences, meetings and technical support for staging events in auditoriums and other event spaces.
- Equipment Center- Offers reservation and checkout of audio and video production equipment for field and studio use.
- Learning Spaces- Learning spaces encompass a wide range of facilities and technology services to support teaching and learning.
Enterprise Applications and Business Intelligence
Application development and support for University enterprise administrative systems, including our Student Information System, HR System, Financial System, Advancement, and and other systems that support services throughout the university.
Enterprise Applications and Business Intelligence Departments and Services
- Application Integration & Development- Integration provides for the availability of data across various services and applications. We also develop custom solutions to provide for a variety of business needs.
- Database Services- Provides for the maintenance and integrity of data in our back-end database systems.
- ERP Applications- Works with our Enterprise Resource Planning applications.
- Data warehouse- provide the ability to make data-driven decisions, provide you with analytics, business intelligence and complex reporting.
- Reporting tools- On-demand, self-service and scheduled reports and data sets designed to support decision making.
- Data Cookbook- Online data dictionary to store functional and technical data definitions.
- Custom Development Services- Provides custom development services including requirements gathering, data architecture and front-end report development.
Assistant Vice President
Operation, management, and security of technology infrastructure including voice, data network services, data center, and access control supporting a wide range of essential, technology-based University services.
Enterprise Operations Departments and Services
- Access Control & Security Systems- Physical access to New School facilities and security monitoring to keep our community safe.
- Enterprise Systems- Maintenance of critical IT infrastructure and applications, including servers, data storage, and important enterprise academic and administrative software.
- Integrated Communication Services- Responsible for providing and maintaining reliable voice and data network services.
- IT Security- Develops and works with the community to implement The New School’s university-wide information security vision, strategy, and program.
- Web Development- Creates and enhances university web applications.
The Project Management Office (PMO) manages the university-wide IT project portfolio and will work with you to plan and implement technology projects.