Public Engagement

International Students

  • If you are an international student currently enrolled in the Film Production Certificate program, your visa eligibility will be valid until you complete the program. Your U.S. visa will be valid for one year, beginning at the time that it was issued. To complete the Film Production Certificate, you need to request an extension on your U.S. visa. This request can be made at the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office. You should plan to allow enough time for your extension to be processed before the validation of your U.S. visa expires. Please be in contact with the Film Production Certificate advisor to discuss the best course of study.

    International students must be enrolled full-time. Full-time enrollment can be defined in one of two ways: (1) three 3-credit-equivalent classes plus three CT LABS during the 15-week fall and spring sessions or (2) two 3-credit-equivalent classes plus two CT LABS during the summer session.

    Permanent residents and individuals in the United States pursuant to certain non-immigrant visa categories are not required to submit visa documentation to enroll in courses.

    Note to international students: Individuals who enter the United States on a B visa (tourist) or pursuant to a visa waiver are not eligible to participate in a course of study at The New School as visiting students.

    Please contact the New School’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at 212.229.5592 or to clarify any questions related to your particular educational objective. ISSS provides expertise and support and offers advisement on the maintenance of U.S. legal status, employment, reinstatement, change of status, program changes, and other immigration-related matters.