- 7:00 p.m.
The Photographic Universe II brings together a range of leading practitioners, scientists, theoreticians, historians, and philosophers to consider and reflect on current discussions in photography at a pivotal moment in its history. The unique format of the conference will consist of one-on-one conversations between two individuals from disparate professional and research backgrounds. The conference will conclude with a roundtable focusing on photographic education.
Thursday, April 11 – The Cultural Image
- 12:15-1:15 p.m. - Todd Cronan with Simon Critchley
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Doug Rickard with Joshua Chuang
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. - Victoria Hattam with Hito Steyrel
- 3:45-4:15 p.m. - Break
- 4:15-5:15 p.m. - Lynne Tillman with Eduardo Cadava
- 5:30-7:00 p.m. - Round table on Photography Education: moderated by Jeanine Oleson, with Becca Albee, Allen Frame, and Song Tae Chong
Sponsors: AMT, The Vera List Center for Art and Politics, NSPE, and the Aperture Foundation.