Are you curious about what’s behind the brass walls of The New School’s new University Center? Starting Friday, November 30, students, faculty, and staff of The New School can take a look inside. Weekly guided tours will be led by Josh Stone, a graduate student of architecture at Parsons The New School for Design. Josh interned with Tishman Construction last summer, working on site at the University Center.
Half-hour tours are scheduled every Friday at 3:00 p.m. Each tour group is limited to ten individuals, and advance reservations are required (see the link below). Note: Tours are restricted to New School students, faculty, and staff with current ID. The University Center is not open to the general public at this time.
To take the tour:
Make your reservation now using the electronic form.
- Make your reservation in advance.
- Meet at the Welcome Center at 72 Fifth Ave. Be on time. Tours begin promptly at 3:00.
- Bring your New School ID.
- Wear close-toed shoes without raised heels.
- A hard hat will be provided; you must wear it throughout the tour.
- Be prepared to walk up and down stairs and through unfinished spaces. Keep in mind that this is an active construction site.