The University Center has been planned in cooperation with New School students and faculty, elected officials, and our Greenwich Village and Union Square neighbors. Initial presentations to community boards and organizations began in 2007, and The New School has worked to meet the needs of residents and businesses in the neighborhood as planning and construction progress. Read on for a list of the history of the university’s community outreach on the University Center.
In addition, the university provides regular updates on the building process. Email us for quarterly updates on the progress of the University Center.
Please note the details in these documents are subject to change as the project develops.
- Meeting with elected officials and community representatives, 12.3.10
- Open House Presentation to New School Community and Neighbors, 5.6.10
- Open House Presentation to New School Community, 2.18.10
- Presentation to Community Board 2 Arts and Institutions Committee, 2.17.10
- Presentation to Local Elected Officials, Residents and Community Organizations, 12.16.09
- Elevation Diagram, 10.21.09 (pdf)
- Presentation to Local Elected Officials, Residents and Community Organizations, 10.16.09 (pdf)
- Briefing with public officials and community groups regarding abatement and demolition process, 10.16.09
- Abatement Process and Timeframe, 9.25.09 (pdf)
- Briefing with public officials and community groups regarding revised plans for University Center, 2.27.09
- Community Presentation regarding original plan for Signature Building, 3.13.08
- Briefing with Deputy Mayor Dan Doctoroff, 10.19.07
- Briefing with Institutions Committee of Manhattan Community Board 2, 9.17.07
- Briefing with 12th Street Block Association, 7.16.07
- Briefing with Union Square Partnership, 6.15.07
- Briefing with Greenwich Village Society for Historical Preservation, 2.02.07
- Briefing with Chair of Manhattan Community Board 2, 1.30.07
- Briefings with Manhattan Borough President and City Council Speaker, 1.16.07
- President Kerrey hosts Legislative Breakfast with City and State elected officials to introduce project, 12.06