Improving Indoor Environmental Quality
Facilities Management's Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) initiatives address indoor environmental quality and is committed to promoting environmental stewardship by minimizing waste and properly managing air, water, and ground contaminants. The following are ongoing initiatives and associated future goals in these areas.
To improve indoor environmental quality, the university:
- purchases Green Seal™-approved cleaning products that contain chemicals with very low volumes of volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- uses no-VOC paint in all buildings.
- is improving ventilation throughout campus buildings.
The university will:
- develop Indoor Air Quality Requirements for all renovation projects.
- create the The New School Sustainable Design Guidelines to ensure that all carpeting, flooring, furniture, and other interior finishes are low in VOCs and made of sustainable and recycled materials.