In-person counseling and payment processing is available to both currently enrolled and prospective students. No appointments are necessary but students may be asked to wait before sitting down with a counselor during busy times in the year.
Usual office hours are Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. During registration periods, Student Financial Services offers extended office hours. Please call in advance to inquire about these extended hours.
If you are unable to find the answer to your question on the Student Financial Services website, or if you have additional questions or concerns, please email Student Financial Services or call 212.229.8930. If you are a student seeking specific award amounts and information about your student record, you can access it via MyNewSchool. If you have questions or comments regarding your financial aid letter, charges, loan payments, external scholarship, employer tuition benefit, or forthcoming refund, please contact the office.
Your questions and suggestions are welcomed as Student Financial Services is continually seeking ways to improve student services.
Student Financial Services offers answers and support for students with questions about their account, financial aid packaging, and payment options. The office's phone lines can be very busy, especially during the following times:
- April 1 to May 15, when prospective freshmen are choosing colleges.
- Mid-July to mid-August, when fall invoices have been mailed.
- The end of August through mid-September, when new student orientation, registration, and the start of fall classes is taking place.
- Early January to February 1, when registration and the start of spring classes is taking place.
During the remainder of the year, most calls are answered with little waiting time. To assist you in getting the answers to your questions, please:
- Check your student account summary and financial aid awards in MyNewSchool.
- Check the FAQ’s page and information about applying for aid and payment options.
- Remember that If you need to speak to a Student Financial Services representative, the office's highest call volume occurs on Mondays and between the hours of 12:00 and 4:00 pm during the week.
You may also email us. Someone in the office will make every effort to reply to you within 24 hours, with the exception of Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
Student Financial Services Code of Conduct
The Student Financial Services Code of Conduct is pursuant with the university's compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act.