Federal Perkins Loan Process
Federal Perkins Loans are federal, campus-based loans that are awarded by The New School based on need and the availability of funds. Students who submit a FAFSA will be automatically considered for Perkins loans along with federal Stafford Loans.
Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at
Receive award information from Student Financial Services.
- If you choose to accept the Perkins loan listed on the award notice, proceed to step 3. If you wish to have your loan adjusted, please contact our office (email@example.com).
Complete Entrance Interview and Promissory Note online at www.ecsi.net/prom3h
- Review the instructions, then click the link 'begin the electronic signature process'.
- Confirm your identity and authenticate using your FAFSA PIN.
- Provide consent to use the Electronic Entrance Interview procedure.
- Review the information on the Student Entrance Interview Counseling page, and complete the test at the end.
- Read your Rights and Responsibilities.
- Review and sign promissory note if you agree with the terms of the loan.
Funds will be disbursed directly to your New School account, and you will be notified when these funds have been applied.
Federal Perkins loans must be repaid to The New School at five percent interest, beginning nine months after leaving school. Eligibility for Perkins loan funds is determined annually, and awards are not automatically renewed in subsequent aid years.