International Students

The following applies to admitted students who are neither citizens nor permanent legal residents of the United States and who hope to obtain scholarships or grants to defray the costs of their New School education.

Financial Aid for International Undergraduate Students

International students enrolled in Parsons BFA, BA, and BS programs, Mannes College The New School for Music, The New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music, and Eugene Lang College: All students are automatically considered for available financial aid as part of their application review. Do not submit the application described below. It is no longer used by these programs to determine eligibility for financial aid.

Students enrolled in Parsons AAS or The New School for Public Engagement Undergraduate Programs only: File the Undergraduate International Student Scholarship Application (use the link below).

The priority filing deadline for the Undergraduate International Student Scholarship Application is 30 days after you have received an offer of admission. If you miss this deadline, you can still apply, but your application will be considered only if funds are still available after all the priority applications have been processed.

Continuing international undergraduates who previously filed the Undergraduate International Scholarship Application do not have to refile it.

All scholarship offers are final and cannot be appealed or negotiated.

Financial Aid for International Graduate Students

Graduate students are automatically considered for scholarships and other financial support by the university at the same time they are considered for admission. They receive notification of any scholarship award in their acceptance letters or else shortly after in a separate financial aid award letter.

Departmental Scholarships and Assistantships

If you are applying to The New School for Social Research, be sure to notify your prospective academic department at the same time you apply for admission that you are seeking financial assistance.

Assistantship awards are paid as direct compensation for services as a teaching, laboratory, or other assistant to an academic department. These awards are made after you start your program. Not every graduate program offers paid assistantships. Those that do have different ways of determining who receives them. Speak with your academic department if you are interested in a paid assistantship. Note: If you are offered an assistantship, you are required to notify Student Financial Services in writing.

External Financial Assistance

All graduate students should pursue scholarships and other sources of funding outside The New School. The following are among the most popular Web resources for international students seeking financial aid: (Institute for International Education) (NAFSA: Association of International Educators)

Organizations and government agencies in your home country also may provide information about sources of funding.

Connect with the New School