Requesting Academic Transcripts
To request an official copy of their academic transcripts, students must submit an official request to the Office of the Registrar.
The Registrar’s Office will be
closed from Monday, December 23, 2013, through Wednesday, January 1, 2014.
Official transcripts can be requested through MyNewSchool over the holiday
break but will not be processed until Monday, January 6, 2014. Students who need official transcripts before January 6, 2014, should request them no later than December
16, 2013, to ensure that they will be processed before the holidays.
How to Request a Transcript
Current students should request transcripts through MyNewSchool.
Former students have three options
- Online at MyNewSchool: available only for students who attended between fall 1992 and the present (Mannes students: between fall 1995 and the present). Net ID username and date of birth are required for first-time log-in. Please use the Net ID lookup linked on the MyNewSchool log-in page.
- By fax or mail: Download and print the form from the link above. Then fax or mail the form to the Office of the Registrar.
- In person at the Office of the Registrar, 72 Fifth Avenue, lower level.
Requesting Multiple Copies of Your Academic Transcript
- You can request up to ten copies per week. Each copy is packaged in its own sealed envelope.
- Use the same request for multiple copies if they are to be sent to the same address. Use separate requests if the copies are to be mailed to different addresses.
Turnaround Time and Fees
- Standard service: no fee
Ready for pickup or mailing five business days after the request is received (for example, requests received on Monday are generally mailed out the following Monday)
- Next-day service:
A $4 fee per transcript must be requested in person at the Office of the Registrar, 72 Fifth Avenue, lower level
- Federal Express service:
A $15 fee per transcript must be requested in person at the Office of the Registrar, 72 Fifth Avenue, lower level
- Pre-1982 transcript records may require seven business days to process. We cannot guarantee next-day service on pre-1982 transcripts.
- Transcripts and diplomas are not issued for students with debts to the university.
- Records are not maintained for non-credit coursework. Students who need proof of attendance in a noncredit course should request a Noncredit Record of Attendance.