• Online-Only Student Checklist

    The New School Welcome Center

    Congratulations on your admission to The New School! Welcome to our extraordinary university community of passionate students, faculty, and staff.  

    Explore this site to learn about registering for classes and use the list below to ensure you've completed everything that's needed before classes begin.

    Note: If you have not yet deposited, please visit the Accepted Student tab in MyNewSchool before continuing.

    New School Email and MyNewSchool Announcements

    All new students will be assigned a New School email account within five business days of receipt of their tuition deposit. You can access your New School email account by logging in to MyNewSchool and clicking on the Gmail icon located at the top right of the page.

    On the MyNewSchool homepage you will find "My Announcements" and "University Announcements" where important information and updates from your school and program will be posted along with events, workshops, special offers, and opportunities. 

    It is important that you check MyNewSchool announcements and your New School email account regularly. Remember that all official university email communications will be sent only to this address.

    Final Transcript

    Before the start of classes, arrange for your final transcript transcript to be forwarded to The New School. If you recently graduated, it is likely that the transcript you submitted during the application process is not a final version that includes your graduation date. To finalize your admission to The New School, use the form included in your admission package to request a final transcript (including your graduation date) to be sent to the Office of Admission. Transcripts that are not in a sealed envelope are considered unofficial and do not fulfill this requirement.

    Immunization Form

    All online-only, degree-seeking students are required to verify that they have read the material distributed by The New School on meningococcal disease. Download the form on the Student Health Services website and carefully read the instructions. Submit the completed form by fax, email, or mail. For more information, visit the Student Health Services website.

    Student Health Insurance

    All students, including online-only students, are automatically enrolled in Student Health Services and the student health insurance plan provided for The New School by University Health Plans. The insurance premium is charged at registration unless you are eligible to waive coverage. If you are covered by equivalent medical insurance, you can waive your New School coverage by submitting the online Student Health Waiver Form by the established deadline. Note that the Student Health Waiver Form must be submitted at the beginning of each academic year. For more information, visit Student Health Services.

    Disability Accommodations (if applicable)

    Students interested in requesting disability accommodations must submit the online self-identification form. For more information, Student Disability Services.

    Financial Aid

    All new students who have submitted a tuition deposit should already have completed the financial aid process. If you have not yet applied for aid, visit Student Financial Services for information and instructions.

    If you are eligible for financial aid (or scholarships) and have a completed application on file, you can check the status online by logging in to MyNewSchool and accessing your financial aid information in the Student Financial Services section.

    If you have not yet deposited, please visit the Accepted Student tab in MyNewSchool before continuing.

    Emergency Contact Form

    All new students must provide emergency contact information. To update your emergency contact information, log in to MyNewschool and select the Student tab where you will find a link to "Update Your Emergency Contact Information" in the Self Service/Alvin channel. The university may use the contact information you provide in case of an emergency. If this information changes, please return to MyNewSchool to update it.

    Updated Mailing Address

    Keep your mailing address up-to-date at MyNewSchool. All official university mailings will be sent to this address.