The Office of Career Development offers a wide range of services to help alumni develop themselves professionally. Our services include:
- Walk-in advising, both individual and group (hours vary by semester; contact the office for a schedule)
- Postings of full and part-time jobs and internships off campus
- Access to career information and resources
- Strategies for effective job searching
- Résumé reviews
- Help in developing effective interviewing skills
- Writing techniques for cover letters and correspondence
Alumni can schedule career advising appointments up until 12 months after graduating and can always speak with an adviser during walk-in hours. There is no limit to walk-in sessions for alumni.
The office also offers workshops, career fairs, and other events on different topics throughout the academic year. View our Event Calendar.
The status of recent graduates who registered with College Central as “students” will be changed automatically to “alumni” status upon graduation. Alumni who do not have a College Central account are encouraged to register and post their résumés. Contact Career Development for instructions.
We encourage all alumni to continue their relationship with The New School by sharing experiences, participating in career events, and becoming mentors to current New School students. Email the office at email@example.com to share your career story and/or get involved in our events and activities.
Find updated event notices and more information for alumni at The New School Alumni Association.