- 4:00 p.m.
The work of eight emerging scholars will be discussed at the Inaugural Interdisciplinary Symposium for Emerging Scholars on India and China, an initiative to recognize and encourage graduate level scholars and recent PhDs whose work illuminates new dimensions in the study of India and China.
The scholars and the topics of their work are:
- Ka Kin Cheuk: "Indians in the Chinese Textile City: Middleman Traders in Upgrading Economy"
- Mitchell Cook: "The Entrepreneurial Local State: Recent Trends and future Prospects in India and China"
- Chris Eberhardt: "Figuring out Responsibility: Making Sense of Climate Change in China."
- Anil Kumar: "Rising India Through China's Eye"
- Li Lairu: "The Role of Law is Social Development-An Analysis of Leglislations in India and China"
- Elmie K Rengma: "Soft Power Game: A Study of China, India, and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Tripartite"
- Yang Xiaoping: "The Security Architecture of South Asia: Problems and Prospects"
- Tang Xiaoyang: "Comparing Technological Innovation of Textile Industries in India and China"
Discussants will include: Ackbar Abass, Jayanta Bandyopadhyay, Wang Bangwei, Madhu Bhalla, Sanjay Chaturvedi, Prem Shankar Jha, Liu Jian, Lily Ling, Ram-Prasad Chakravarthi, Tansen Sen, Dong Shikui, Nidhi Srinivas, Peter van der Veer, Anand A. Yang, Yao Yang, and Wei Zhong.