- 7:30 p.m.
Using the recent earthquake in
Haiti as a point of departure, this series of speakers will integrate research
and documentation of the cultural history, social and political confluence, and
ecological tensions that are systemic in regions where disaster, poverty, and
crisis prevail. They will also visit the vast potential of how materials and the
design collective can change the face of a nation.
- Dan Smith, Founder and CEO Smith
& Fong Co.
- Sabine Malebranche of SODADE, and the State University
of Haiti Chair Urban planning department.
- Patrick McDonald of Onion Flats, and GRASS, Philadelphia
- Laura Briggs, EmpowerHouse / Solar Deacthlon Lead
Faculty, Parsons Chair of Environmental Sustainability
- Mathan Ratinam, director Humanitarian Design Lab
Moderated by Alice Min Soo Chun, assistant professor of Design Material Culture