The Center for Architecture’s seventh annual architecture schools exhibition showcases exemplary student work from 14 New York area schools. Join us to hear from the leadership of the schools as they discuss current design directions in architectural education, issues of the public discourse of architecture and the legibility of architecture to the public.
Moderated by Sarah Whiting, Dean, Rice School of Architecture, the speakers include:
- David Leven, Director MArch at Parsons The New School for Design
- George Ranalli, dean, City College of New York
- Mark Wigley, dean, Columbia University
- Tony Vidler, dean, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
- Kent Kleinman, dean, Cornell University
- Urs P. Gauchat, dean, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Frank Mruk, associate dean, New York Institute of Technology
- Tom Hanrahan, dean, Pratt Institute
- Stan Allen, dean, Princeton University
- Evan Douglis, dean, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Mark Robbins, dean, Syracuse University
- Robert Shibley, dean, University at Buffalo (SUNY)
- Marilyn Jordan Taylor, dean, University of Pennsylvania
- Keith Krumwiede, associate dean,Yale University
Arch Schools 2011 is on view from November 19, 2011 through March 3, 2012.
Gallery Hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m., and Saturdays, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Exhibition and related programs are organized by the AIA New York Chapter in partnership with the Center for Architecture Foundation.
Arch Schools is generously supported by: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, and Robert Dell Vuyosevich, AIA