Parsons Paris

Parsons Paris.


Frequently Asked Questions

My employer is asking for a letter stating that I am eligible to intern. What should I do?

Once the Experience Learning Agreement has been completed, we will email you and your employer a Letter of Eligibility.

Do I need to fill out any other forms?

International students must fill out an Online Service Request. All international students (F-1 and J-1 visas) must have any paid or unpaid internships for academic credit (including zero-credits internships) authorized by International Student Services before starting work. When the Office of Academic Advising signs the Internship Work Contract, it is automatically forwarded to ISS.

What else is required for internship registration?

Besides your current level at Parsons, there is no prerequisite for registering for an internship. However, it is strongly recommended that you attend the Internship Workshops held at the start of fall and spring semesters. For a schedule of upcoming workshops, visit the SuccessLink.

  • Search and selection process for internships
  • Interview skills and professional etiquette
  • Success in internships—tips and strategies
  • Program policies including information about required hours and documents

My supervisor will not submit the experience learning agreement. What should I do?

If the employer delays in submitting the Experience Learning Agreement, follow up by emailing or calling your prospective supervisor. Here is an example of a professional, polite reminder: "I am inquiring about the status of the Experience Learning Agreement. In order for me to register for this internship, the university requires the employer to return the completed Experience Learning Agreement. Please let me know if you're having any problem with the form or need more information before you complete it. Thank you."

What happens if I quit my internship?

Quitting your internship results in an Incomplete (I) grade in your course, which will be noted on your academic transcript.

When can I start interning?

You can begin your internship once you receive your completed, signed, and approved Experience Learning Agreement from Career Services.

What is the difference between a zero-credit internship and other credit-bearing internships?

By selecting a zero-credit internship option, you register an internship with Parsons that will be officially recognized and recorded on your transcript without the payment of full tuition for credits. The zero-credit internship registration process is the same as the one- and two-credit internship registration process.

With your academic advisor's approval, you can elect to register for a zero-credit internship. There are several common reasons for taking this option.

  • You are already carrying the maximum number of credits for the semester and wish to register for an internship without incurring additional tuition charges.
  • You are interning during the summer and do not wish to pay tuition for internship credit. (Note that there may be other fees associated with registering for zero credit during the summer term.)

You may not be permitted to enroll for zero credit if you need credit hours to graduate. Your academic advisor will assess your case and determine whether you are eligible.

Can I apply my summer internship to the fall semester?

A student taking an internship can receive academic credit only for the term in which the internship was undertaken; your transcript will reflect this. You cannot apply an internship to a different semester.

If you have any questions or problems completing the form, please email or call 212.229.1324.