Academic advising at the School of Design Strategies (SDS) recognizes the importance of both challenging and supporting students in their first year at Parsons. Advisors work closely with new students as they progress through the first year, helping them adjust to new expectations and opportunities.
Whether you are seeking additional guidance in choosing a major, exploring possibilities for combining different design strategies, or have already decided to pursue a Design and Management degree, academic advising will help you clarify your goals and achieve academic success.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR ADVISOR
To make it easier for you to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, you can now book appointments and sign up for group sessions in my.newschool.edu -- no more links to remember or find. Just follow these steps to schedule an advising appointment:
- Go to my.newschool.edu and log in
- Click on the "Student" tab
- Find the Student Success Network and click the "Login to Starfish CONNECT™" button (you must allow pop-ups in your browser)
- Click on the "Schedule an Appointment" button
- You'll see a list of your instructors, TAs, and your academic advisor in the My Success Network area on the left
- Click on the "See available appointments" link under your advisor's name to go to his or her calendar
- Select an available appointment time by clicking on the "Sign Up" link next to the time you want to see your advisor
- Then, fill in a few details about why you're coming in, and click "Submit"
To learn more about the Student Success Network, visit www.newschool.edu/student-services/student-success-network/
- Nikki Cherry, Director of Advising for Design Strategies
- Advisor for MFA Transdisciplinary Design, MS Strategic Design & Management, Cert. in Business of Design.
Design and Management Advising
- Rachel Francois, Academic Advisor
Advisor for students whose last names begin with letters A to K
Appointments: Schedule an appointment with Rachel Francois through the Student Success Network.
- Rachael Ritchie, Academic Advisor
Advisor for students whose last names begin with letters L to Z
Appointment: Schedule an appointment with Rachael Ritchie through the Student Success Network.
First year Advising
Integrated Design Advising