At Parsons The New School for Design, we take your education as seriously as you do. When you apply, we carefully consider your experience, achievements, motivation, and potential for growth (even if you have limited art or design experience).
All applicants are required to apply online. BA/BFA Dual Degree program applicants apply using the Common Application. All other undergraduate degree program applicants apply using The New School's Online Application. Remember that all required materials should be submitted in advance of the posted deadlines.
Application Instructions by Undergraduate Degree
Review the complete information for your intended program, as each degree has particular application requirements. Note that the Parsons Challenge is required of all undergraduate applicants.
Submitting an Online Application
All students must apply online. The online application allows you to save and retrieve your application information at will. You can gather items to fulfill the application requirements and then submit the final application at your convenience. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Log on to create an application account.
- Refer to your specific program requirements.
- Review and fill in the online application and upload required materials for your program. Please be sure that each page includes a title, a page number, and your name.
- Upload documents in MS Word format, review your application, and print a copy for your records.
- Complete the process by signing electronically, paying the $50 application fee, and submitting the application.
As artists and designers, you will be working in an increasingly digital landscape. Our curriculum
addresses this by making digital literacy a foundational component of first-year coursework, and
we have introduced a laptop requirement to ensure that all students share a consistent learning
experience as they develop this skill set. Incoming students will need a laptop that meets the
following minimum requirements:
- 2.5 GHz quad-core processor
- 64-bit operating system: Mac OS X 10.7 or Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- 12- to 15-inch screen
- 8 GB RAM
- 750 GB hard drive at 7200 rpm
- Graphics: GPU card with 1 GB of VRAM
- Ethernet, wireless, and Bluetooth connectivity
- Integrated HD webcam
- Media card reader
Students will also be expected to install Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software on
their laptops. While we are in the process of finalizing the exact specifications acceptable for
classroom use, we are committed to making all required software available to Parsons students at