Applicants are requested to apply online. All required materials should be submitted in advance of the posted
deadlines. Deadlines vary per program: please refer to individual
program application instructions.
Submitting an Online Application
The online application allows you to save and retrieve your application information. You can gather items to fulfill the application requirements and then submit the final application at your convenience. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Log on to create an application account.
- Review and fill-in the online application and upload required materials for your program. Please be sure that each page reflects a title, page number and your name.
- Upload documents in PDF or Word format, proof your application and print a copy for your records.
- Complete the process by signing electronically, paying the $50 application fee, and submitting the application.
Application Instructions by Graduate Program:
Review each intended graduate program for complete information since each one has unique application instructions.
- Students may apply to only ONE department or program within The New School each semester. Applicants who file more than one application will be required to withdraw all but one of their applications, and application fees will not be refunded.
- Visit the Admission Calendar for a schedule of admission events.