Applicants are required to apply online. All required materials should be submitted before the posted
deadlines. Deadlines vary by program; please refer to individual
program application instructions.
Submitting an Online Application
The online application allows you to save and retrieve your application information. You can gather items to fulfill the application requirements and then submit the final application at your convenience. Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Log on to create an application account.
- Review and fill in the online application and upload required materials for your program. Please be sure that each page includes a title, a page number, and your name.
- Upload documents in PDF or Word format, proofread your application, and print a copy for your records.
- Complete the process by signing electronically, paying the $50 application fee, and submitting the application.
Application Instructions by Graduate Program
Review each intended graduate program for complete information, as each one has unique application instructions.
- Students can apply to only ONE department or program at The New School each semester. Applicants who file more than one application will be required to withdraw all but one of their applications, and application fees will not be refunded.
- Visit the Admission Calendar for a schedule of admission events.