Academic advisors help to facilitate timely completion of the AAS degree for students making the leap into design fields. In order to ensure a smooth transition to Parsons, AAS students should review the information below.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE YOU MEET WITH YOUR ADVISOR
- Learn about what makes your Parsons program unique and become familiar with the courses you'll take, using the University Course Catalog. The catalog contains description of courses offered by all divisions of The New School, including your Parsons courses. It also links to the schedule of classes, where you can find the days and times that classes are offered.
- Think about these questions to help you build a schedule:
Review the Transfer Credit FAQs to understand what documents you must submit to Parsons Admission in order to receive your transfer credits. All transfer credits must be finalized by the end of your first semester. Students are responsible for submitting official transcripts, which must be received by October 15 for students beginning in a fall semester and by March 1 for students beginning in the spring semester. Be sure to speak with your academic advisor about your transfer credit questions during your first advising meeting. Transfer credits from previously attended universities will not be evaluated after the first semester.
- At what time of day are you most alert and ready to learn?
- What other commitments will you have next semester (jobs, internships, family responsibilities)?
- What subjects do you want to explore?
THINGS TO DO AFTER YOU REGISTER
- Check your schedule after you register:
See the big picture, using DegreeWorks, a tool for monitoring your degree progress. DegreeWorks will show you all of the courses required to complete your degree. You can find out more about how to use this tool in the DegreeWorks tutorial. DegreeWorks is available on the Student tab of MyNewSchool.
Learn more about the Student Success Network and the ways it can connect you to your faculty, your academic advisor, and campus services.
Continue to check your New School email account for information on tuition billing and payment.
- Log into MyNewSchool
- Select the "Student" tab
- Select "View Your Class Schedule and Locations"
- Select the correct term from the drop-down menu
BEGIN PREPARING FOR YOUR NEW CAREER
Parsons Career Services provides students with access to internships and job fairs with top companies, one-on-one career advising, a dynamic online job board, panel discussions, workshops, and much more. Begin developing the skills and confidence to succeed in the creative workforce early in your AAS program by meeting with a Career Advisor at Parsons Career Services.