Alfred Marshall, 1842-1924
Major Works of Alfred Marshall
- "Mr Jevons's Theory of Political Economy", 1872, Academy.
- "A Note on Jevons" ,
- "The Future of the Working Classes", 1874, Eagle
- "On Mr. Mill's Theory of Value", 1876, Fortnightly Review
- The Economics of Industry, with Mary Paley Marshall,
- The Pure Theory of Foreign Trade, 1879.
- The Pure Theory of Domestic Values, 1879.
- "Review of F.Y.
Edgeworth's Mathematical Psychics", 1881, Academy (PDF
- "Where to House the London Poor", 1884, Contemporary Review
- "On the Graphical Method in Statistics", 1885, Jubilee Volume
of Royal Statistical Society
- "Preface", 1885, in W. Bagehot, Postulates
of Political Economy
- The Present Position of Economics, 1885.
- "Remedies for Fluctuations of General Prices", 1887, Contemporary Review
- "Preface", 1887, in L. Price, Industrial Peace
- Presidential Address before the Co-operative Congress, 1889.
- Principles of Economics: an introductory text, 1890.
- "Some Aspects of Competition", 1891, Report of British Association for
Advancement of Science.
- Elements of the Economics of Industry, 1892.
- "The Poor Law in Relation to State-Aided Pensions", 1892, EJ
Rent" , 1893, EJ.
- "The Old Generation of Economists and the New", 1897, QJE.
- "Mechanical and Biological Analogies in Economics", 1898, EJ.
- "Distribution and Exchange", 1898, EJ.
- A Plea for the Creation of a Curriculum in Economics and Associated Branches of
Political Science, 1902.
- Economic Teaching at the Universities in Relation to Public Wellbeing,
- The New Cambridge Curriculum in Economics, 1903
- Introduction to the Tripos in Economics and Associated Branches of
Political Science, 1906
- "The Social Possibilities of Economic Chivalry", 1907, EJ.
- "National Taxation After the War", 1917, in Dawson, editor, After-War
- Industry and Trade, 1919.
- Money, Credit and Commerce, 1923.
- "Machinery and Life" ,
Resources on Marshall
- HET Pages: Phases of the
Marginalist Revolution, the Opportunity
Cost Debates, Utility and Demand, Neoclassical
Production: the Theory of the Firm, Determinacy
in Barter Exchange, Marshallian Stability, the Cambridge Cash-Balance Theory,
the "Other" Macroeconomics
- Adolf Wagner's "Marshall's Principles of
Economics", 1891, QJE
- F.Y. Edgeworth's "Review
of Second Edition of Marshall's Principles", 1891, EJ
- F.Y. Edgeworth's "Review
of Third Edition of Marshall's Principles", 1892, EJ
- A. C. Pigou's "Review of the Fifth Edition of the Principles of Economics",
of Alfred Marshall at McMaster
of Raffaeli, Alfred Marshall's Lectures to Women", by
Ray Petridis 1999, HOPE
- "The relevance of the Marshallian concept of normality in interior and inertial dynamics as revisited by Shackle and Kornai"
by M Vahabi, 1998, Cambridge JE
Page at McMaster
Page at Britannica.com
- Essay on Supply
and Demand .