Click here for the most recent New School Career Events Calendar
Mannes makes every effort to provide its students with current information about the opportunities and challenges they will encounter in the music world and offers practical assistance to help students launch successful careers. Mannes's artist faculty and administrators and on-site career counselor, combined with the New School Career Development Center, provide students with a holistic approach to career and life planning.
Career Development at Mannes includes:
- One-on-one mentoring and guidance from major teachers each week in private lessons
- Advisement from full-time administrators and from the Mannes on-site career counselor
- Regular coursework offerings focused on the business of music
- Career workshops, seminars, and panel discussions conducted by active New York City professional musicians
- Frequent events covering a variety of topics ranging from audition techniques to the function of the musicians' union
- Up-to-date information about music festivals, competitions, internships, jobs, and graduate programs
- Regular career advisement sessions, held at Mannes, with career counselors from the New School Career Development Center
Students utilize the offerings of the New School Career Development Center. The center offers a range of seminars and workshops designed to foster student confidence and competence as they enter and develop their careers in the competitive and evolving global arena.
For more information about jobs, competitions, festival postings, and career development events please visit the Mannes Career Services Blog or contact: