Mannes Audio Department
Mannes maintains a recording studio to support student and faculty needs. The Audio Department will record scheduled performances in the concert hall and Goldmark Recital Hall and will hold private recording sessions in the concert hall for a reasonable fee. Recording service are offered only to current Mannes College students.
Recording Your Recital
The fee for recording a recital is $55 (for the CD package). You must make the arrangements at least two weeks before the event.
- Go to the Mannes Business Office after you've confirmed the date and time of your recital and pay a $30 deposit.
- When your deposit is received, an audio engineer will be hired for your recital.
- After your recital is recorded, the recording will be available, in most cases, in the Mannes Business Office on the following business day. When you pay the balance of the fee, you will receive the recording.
Private Recording Sessions
Students can reserve the concert hall on weekdays for private recording sessions. The fee is $30 per hour, with a two-hour minimum. The Audio Studio requires two weeks' notice.
- Go to the Concert Office to select an available time and reserve the concert hall.
- Go to the Mannes Business Office after you've confirmed the date and time and pay a $30 deposit.
- When the deposit has been paid, an engineer will be hired for the recording session.
- After the session, the recording will be available, in most cases, in the Mannes Business
Office on the following business day. When you pay the balance of your
fee, you will receive your recording.
Additional information about recording sessions: You must give at least 48 hours' notice to cancel or you will forfeit your deposit. To cancel, email email@example.com. No refunds are given for unused session time. Mannes is not responsible for extraneous room noise. The first few minutes of your session will be spent hanging and positioning the microphones, so if you reserved the hall for two hours, you should expect to spend ten minutes at the beginning on setup and the rest of the time recording.
The Mannes Audio Department offers audio-visual aids to Mannes faculty and administrative staff for use in teaching and job-related presentations. Available equipment includes
- LCD projector (must be reserved two weeks in advance)
- Classroom stereo systems (including record, CD, and mp3 player connection)
- Three multimedia carts (including a DVD player, speakers, large monitor, and computer connection cables)
This equipment is available to faculty and staff only. Make arrangements through the Audio-Visual Department. To begin the reservation process, download the Audio/Visual Equipment Request Form (PDF | 21K). To reserve the LCD projector, contact Hong Tao Sun in the Audio-Visual Office (room 100B).
Audio Studio Head
Hong Tao Sun