1. Submit Application Items
Submit the following application items to the Extension Division at Mannes College The New School for Music (address below):
- Completed Application Form
- Proof of High School Graduation
- An official high school transcript is required of all students who graduated from a New York State High School. Official transcripts should be sent to the address below.
- International students or non-New York State applicants may present a High School Diploma (not a copy) to the Extension Office in lieu of a High School transcript.
- Official College Transcript (if applicable)
- TOEFL Scores (international applicants only)
- $100 application fee (check or money order made payable to The New School, do not send cash)
Applications must be received by the deadline date to be considered for admission in the academic term indicated.
Academic Term Deadline to Apply:
- Fall 2013 Semester - April 15, 2013
- Fall 2013 Semester (late decision) - June 1, 2013
2. Schedule an Audition
Contact the Extension Office to Schedule an Audition. All applicants to the Mannes Extension Division Diploma Program are required to perform a live audition before the faculty. Auditions are held in November, May, and August. Your audition appointment will also include proficiency testing in Techniques of Music (theory, dictation, ear training, and piano where applicable) and in English Language proficiency (where applicable).
Auditions and Placement Exam Guidelines (PDF)
Auditions for the fall 2013 semester will be held Wednesday, May 15 and Thursday, May 16, 2013.
Late decision auditions and testing will be held Monday, July 8, 2013.
If you are not available to audition on these dates, please contact the Extension Office.