March 15, 2014. Late applications will be reviewed on a space-available basis. Please send your completed application to:
The Beethoven Institute - Mannes College
150 West 85th Street
New York, NY 10024
(submit on CD only)
- Pianists should include two contrasting works of their choice.
- Pre-formed duos, trios, and quartets should include two contrasting movements of a work from the standard repertoire OR present a letter of recommendation from a chamber music coach.
Housing is available in New School student residences. Call or email the Beethoven Institute for information.
- Solo Piano: $450
- Pre-formed Duo: $550
- Member of pre-formed duo: $275
- Pre-formed Piano Trio, String Trio, Piano Quartet, or String Quartet: $600
- Member of pre-formed Piano or String Trio: $200
- Member of pre-formed String Quartet: $150
To ensure your place at the Institute, tuition and fees must be paid in full by May 1, 2014. Please make payment by Visa, Master Card, American Express, personal check, or money order. Checks and money orders must be denominated in US Dollars and made payable to Mannes College The New School for Music. Individual members of a group registration may send separate tuition checks. Please note that 30 percent of tuition is nonrefundable.
A small number of merit awards are available for solo pianists. Please inquire upon acceptance to the Institute.
A $30 nonrefundable application fee is due with the mailing of your application. One application fee per group is sufficient. Please make payment by Visa, Master Card, American Express, personal check or money order. Checks and money orders must be denominated in US Dollars and made payable to Mannes College The New School for Music.