Students can receive help with the following math subjects: calculus, economics, math merchandising, quantitative reasoning, and statistics. If you need help with another subject, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to accommodate you.
To book an appointment, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Log in to Starfish CONNECT™.
Step 2: Click "Success Network" at the top of the screen.
Step 3: You will see a list of ULC offices on the first page; choose Math.
Step 4: If you want to work with a specific tutor, choose the "Schedule Online" button next to his or her name. If you simply wish to schedule an appointment at a time that fits your schedule, use the "Schedule Online" link that appears next to the description of the service.
Step 5: Choose the day and time that work best for you, then click "Sign Up." Finally, click "Submit" to complete your reservation.
To make an appointment at a time not shown on the scheduler, contact email@example.com or call 212.229.5121.
Please note that you can have only one appointment on the scheduler at a time. Once your session ends, you can schedule another appointment. This policy is in place to ensure that all New School students have equal opportunity to book appointments with us.
Policies and Procedures
The Math Support Program (PDF) is modeled after the Learning Center, so most of the policies are the same.
- Students using math support must be enrolled as full-time students in a degree-granting program.
- Excluding weekly appointments, students can have only one appointment on the e-scheduler at a time.
- Weekly or biweekly appointments can be arranged.
- If a student does not cancel his or her appointment at least three hours in advance or is more that ten minutes late, he or she will receive a "no-show" notification. Students who have more than two no-shows in a semester will be restricted to walk-in appointments.
- The Learning Center does not have textbooks or calculators. Please bring all necessary items to the tutoring session.
- Tutors encourage students to submit input in advance on the subject(s) to be addressed in the session; when you make your appointment, you will find space to include such details.