Students can receive help with the following math subjects: calculus, economics, math merchandising, quantitative reasoning, and statistics. If you need help with another subject, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to accommodate you.
To book an appointment, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Log in to Starfish CONNECT™.
Step 2: Click "Success Network" at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Go to the third page, and scroll down to the "University Learning Center" listings.
Step 4: Choose the math option from the list.
Step 5: If you want to work with a specific tutor, choose the "schedule online" button next to his or her name. If you simply wish to schedule an appointment at a time that fits your schedule, use the "schedule online" link that appears next to the description of the service.
Step 6: Choose the day and time that work best for you. Click "Sign Up" to complete your reservation and book your appointment.
To request a two-hour session or to make an appointment at a time that is not shown on the scheduler, contact email@example.com or call 212.229.5121.
Please note that you can have only one appointment on the scheduler at a time. Once your session ends, you can then schedule another appointment. This policy is in place to ensure that all New School students have equal opportunity to book appointments with us.
Policies and Procedures
The Math Support Program (PDF) is modeled after the Learning Center; therefore, most of the policies are the same.
- Students utilizing math support must be enrolled as full-time students in a degree-granting program.
- Excluding recurring appointments, students may only have one appointment on the e-scheduler at a time.
- Recurring appointments may be arranged for one session per week, or on a biweekly basis if preferred.
- If a student does not cancel his or her appointment at least three hours in advance, or is more that ten minutes late, he or she will receive a "no-show" notification; if a student has more than two "no-shows" in a semester, he or she will be restricted to walk-in appointments.
- The Learning Center does not have textbooks or calculators. Please bring all necessary items to the tutoring session.
- The Learning Center does not have computing support for SPSS tutoring.
- Tutors encourage any input in advance from students on the subject(s) to be addressed in the session; there is space when you make your appointment to include such details.